MrBeast was almost one of the people who perished on the Titanic submersible — but, lucky for him, he had the foresight to steer clear of the doomed trip under the sea.
The YouTube star made the revelation Sunday, taking to Twitter to write … “I was invited earlier this month to ride the titanic submarine, I said no. Kind of scary that I could have been on it.” He also attached a screenshot of a text message he says he received.
I was invited earlier this month to ride the titanic submarine, I said no. Kind of scary that I could have been on it pic.twitter.com/bQUnaRiczA
— MrBeast (@MrBeast) June 25, 2023
@MrBeast
It reads, “I’m going to the Titanic in a submarine late this month. The team would be stoked to have you along. I’m sure you’re also welcome to join.” Unclear who sent it — but, on its face, this presumably came from one of the five passengers who were killed onboard.
There’s been a lot of reflection in hindsight following the tragedy — a lot of people are bringing up stories and examples of experts who tried sounding the alarm about some of the Titan’s safety features … with some, including James Cameron, insisting it wasn’t up to snuff.

Titan completed successful missions — including some to the Titanic — before … but many say it was just a matter of time before the thing ran into trouble. Obviously, that manifested.
Other notable individuals have come forward to say they, too, turned down opportunities to ride OceanGate’s ill-fated submersible … including financier Jay Bloom and actor Ross Kemp. Even more online have been mocking what they say was a disaster waiting to happen.
CNN
OceanGate has tried defending its operation in the wake of all this — but it’s a losing battle, it seems … most everyone appears to be on the same page here … this was a bad idea.
As you know … there’s been criticism aimed at authorities for letting the public believe there was hope in finding the passengers, when in reality — they died soon after going under.
